Saturday, December 15, 2007

Super Fudge!

Okay, so I have been asked by several people this year how I make my delicious fudge. Since my recipe is awesome, I am posting it here. If you do make it, leave me a comment on how yours turned out! I am curious to know!

You will need:
4 cups white sugar
1 cube (1/2 cup) real butter
1 can evaporated milk
1 10-12 oz. bag of chips (chocolate or other, I have made this with many flavors. Use milk chocolate if you go with the chocolate flavor)Don't use Generic!
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 can marshmallow fluff

First, put the can of fluff, the chips and the vanilla in glass bowl (or anything that won't melt) and set aside.

Line a 9x13 pan with foil and spray lightly with nonstick spray.

In large pot, add the sugar, milk, and butter and bring to a boil. I never use a thermometer, but you want it to boil until it reaches the soft ball stage and then maybe a little longer. Make sure you stir the entire time to prevent scorching the beloved fudge! You can also drizzle a bit of the potion into a glass of ice water and then see if it rolls into a nice ball.
Once the mixture is ready, pour it into the bowl with the fluff and chips and stir like crazy. You want it to be nice and smooth. Once it is smooth, pour the mixture into the pan and let it set.
I usually cover it and put it in the frige as it will set much fast.
Don't forget to lick the spoon!
You can always add nuts to add a bit of flavor. I like to put them into the bottom of the pan, then it is not so hard to stir.
This only takes about 20 minutes to make!
It is so smooth and so good! The Nestle Swirl chips work really good. Last year I made chocolate mint, butterscotch, chocolate raspberry, milk chocolate, milk chocolate-walnut, and white chocolate. I didn't go as crazy this year. I only made four kinds and I did make peanut butter-chocolate, which was delicious!

1 comment:

Maylin said...

Mmmm! I might have to give it a try!